Position: Logistics Specialist
Shift: 10 AM – 7 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Elk River, MN
“Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” Mario Andretti
OUR MISSION is to provide competitive, creative logistic solutions to meet and exceed our client's just-in-time transportation needs. With state-of-the art technology and a team driven to exceed their customer’s expectations, we have implemented the basic core values of reliability, attentiveness and hard work to provide on-time satisfaction and exceptional customer service.
We are committed. We have no excuses.
LOGISTIC PARTNERS is an aggressively expanding company that offers unlimited growth potential, and opportunities for advancement for those that are hard-working, reliable, a team-player, and display a positive attitude. This is a ground-floor opportunity, with an enjoyable atmosphere which will allow you to grow and reach your career goals.
DESCRIPTION: This position manages the logistics services that we offer to our shipper and carrier customers. It is responsible for matching available shipments with carrier capacity and managing that process to completion. This is a critical position in building trust and value with our customers, and managing our profitability. Our ability to develop carrier and shipper customers is greatly dependent on the performance of this position.
SEEKING an enthusiastic rising star, who can take ownership and full responsibility of an important Logistics Specialist - Customer Service role. Someone who can work well with others in a small fast-paced office. Ability to maintain a positive outlook with a great attitude and outgoing personality are a must! We want people who are looking for a long term career!
DAILY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Managing Shipments, covering loads, working with carriers for good spot rates and booking shipments.
- Watching the loads boards to cover the current freight.
- Researching the carriers before booking the loads to make sure they are CSA compliant.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to determine shipping needs, providing responsive customer service and resolving client issues quickly and effectively.
- Issue complete, accurate and timely load confirmations to the carrier(s) on each shipment.
- Phone and e-mail customers to solicit available shipments and business opportunities.
- Register customer logistics needs into our computer system with accurate, timely information.
- Communicating with customers about any delays with pick up and delivery.
- Provide back-up to fellow team members as needed.
- Order entry.
- Answering a large volume of calls and answering the phones promptly.
- Provide excellent customer service.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- 1-3 years of experience in a logistics role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communications skills, negotiating skills and persuasiveness.
- Ability to build relationships and trust.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and easily adapt to multiple roles.
- Dependable, reliable, responsible and fulfills obligations.
- Enthusiasm and high energy, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to resolve problems and display strong time management skills
- Willingness to learn new things, and to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Team player attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Holiday Pay & Vacation Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email or fax your resume: